I would use a synchronization script between the two repositories.
This is what Apache do.

On 5/5/06, David Jackman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
While we transition our projects to Maven 2, I'd like to be able to
deploy artifacts built by Maven 2 to our internal Maven 2 repository as
well as our internal Maven 1 repository for those project that haven't
migrated yet.  However, the <distributionManagement> element in the pom
will only allow one <repository>.  Is there a way to deploy to more than
one?  I can't use snapshotRepository for it.

..David..