On 5/7/06, Jon Strayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I occasionally get hung maven builds with cruise control.  About one a day
(that's about one every 40 builds or so).  I finally got a thread dump.  I
can't make sense of it.  Can anyone help?  FYI, this is Maven 1.1 Beta 2,
but I've had the problem with as long as I can remember (that would take it
back to 0.9 or so).

The one thing I see is that maven spaws a javadoc process and waits
for it to finish. It probably doesn't set a timeout. If this process
blocks for some reason, your build will block.

You appear to be on Unix, do you have a hang javadoc process
somewhere? If so, kill it and see if your build process goes on
(obviously with a failed build).

If that works, consider adding a timeout option to your

       at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:195)

for that kill operation to be performed automatically).

Jerome