On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 22:25 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> Even if your process is just doing a copy, a pom file is a fairly simple
> xml file. I'm sure your automated process could be enhanced to generate
> one.

Thanks for the detailed response Simon.  Your answers make sense, but
I'm still disappointed that Maven doesn't handle the missing pom
situation better.  As you suggested, these auto-generated poms will
basically be brain-dead, and will provide no useful information.  If
that's the case, then why-oh-why does Maven require them at all?  I'd
much rather spend a few minutes fixing Maven to make it stop trying to
download pom files when it already has the jars, then write code to
auto-generate useless poms, and make sure that it gets plugged in
everywhere necessary.  I'll probably do this and submit it as a patch,
unless someone can explain to me the virtues of having all of these
empty poms floating around.

--Tim