Hi Dan,

Try using a <dependency> for the plugin instead:

<plugin>
       <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
       <artifactId>maven-jetty6-plugin</artifactId>
       <configuration>
       </configuration>
       <dependencies>
         <dependency>
           <groupId>  </groupId>
           <artifactId>  </artifactId>
           <version>  </version>
         </dependency>
       </dependencies>
</plugin>

On the scopes, the only source of info I know about is:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

cheers
Jan

Dan Adams wrote:
I have a web app that I run in jetty using jetty6:run. The problem is
that I need hsqldb for the database. How do I specify the dependency so
that it won't get packaged? If i use 'provided' then it isn't in the
classpath when jetty launches. On an unrelated note, where can you find
a list of all the scopes?