Hi,

I am using maven 2.0.4
I have log4j.properties file in src/test/resources and
src/main/resources.

after compilation directory structure:

 target
|   |-- classes
|   |   |-- hibernate.cfg.xml
|   |   |-- import.properties
|   |   |-- log4j.properties
|   |   `-- org

-- test-classes
|       |-- hibernate.cfg.xml
|       |-- import.properties
|       |-- log4j.properties
|       `-- org

The settings in these files are ignored in unit tests
and other settings (assembly...).
When I remove both files log4j doesn't even
complain.

The log level always seems to be info.
This is also true for unit test run from
eclipse (I use mvn eclipse:eclipse)

This is independent of having commons-logging
as a dependency or not.

log4j looks like:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n
log4j.logger.net.sf.cglib=ERROR
log4j.logger.org.hibernate=DEBUG

thank you very much for your suggestions
ido