Okay... I got it to work. Great! I didn't realize that you should run eclipse:eclipse every time a dependency is added to let it update the .component file.

The only problem I have now, is when I use the m2eclipse plugin for eclipse. After enabling the Maven2 nature for the project it complains about duplicate entries.
I think I saw some mails on the list about this, so I'll check those first.

Thanks for your help,
Matthijs

Stephen Duncan wrote:
Using
mvn -Dwtpversion=1.0 eclipse:eclipse works for me to get them added
when deploying within Eclipse using WTP 1.0.2 & Eclipse 3.1.2.

The applicable file that eclipse:eclipse generates is .settings/.component

Make sure the dependencies that should be bundled are described in
that file correctly.

-Stephen

On 5/15/06, Matthijs Wensveen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Fabrizio Giustina wrote:
> On 5/10/06, Matthijs Wensveen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> When I try to run the project on a server from within eclipse, the
>> dependencies that would normally be in WEB-INF/lib are not deployed on
>> the server.
>
> They should be deployed, probably you are using a buggy version of
> WTP. WTP r7 shipped with this bug, which has also recently been
> reintroduced in WTP 1.5 beta builds and fixed again in the latest rc.
>
> fabrizio

I haven't got it working yet.
When I don't use the mergere m2eclipe plugin for eclipse, but only the

mvn -Dwtpversion=1.0 eclipse:eclipse

goal, the dependencies are added as
M2_REPO/commons-collections/commons-collections/2.0/commons-collections-2.0.jar
(for example). These are available in the war, but not when I run it on
a server from inside eclipse.

When I do use the m2eclipse plugin, the dependencies are added to the
"Maven2 Dependencies" classpath container, but are not available to the
webapp when I run it from inside eclipse. Again, they are added to the
war when I package the app with "mvn package"

Is there a way to add it to the configuration files manually? Somewhere
in the .settings directory maybe?

Matthijs

Matthijs Wensveen
Func. Internet Integration