On 5/16/06, Andreas Schildbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to use Maven 2.04 together with the Servers view in Web Tools
Project 1.0 (alternatively Eclipse 3.2/WTP 1.5). The servers view allows
to start an application server or servlet container inside Eclipse,
allowing to debug easily.

Unfortunately, WTP expects all libraries in WEB-INF/lib, as defined by
the Servlet specification.

Mavens Eclipse-Plugin (which has basic WTP support) links all
dependencies directly from the local Maven repository. Can I tell the
plugin to copy all libs to WEB-INF/lib, or to somehow modify WTP
configuration to pull libraries from the repository?

Please, execute:
mvn -Dwtpversion=1.0 eclipse:eclipse
and you'll have what you're expecing - during building eclise
will be using jars from M2_REPO and not store them src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/lib.

After mvn call take a look at .settings/.component and/or J2EE Module
Dependecies to see how it works.

See also:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/wtp.html

HTH,