As Arnaud pointed out jetspeed is using maven 1 as a build tool. I just saw you executed 'mvn ...' which is the maven 2 exeutable, hence my previous answer. You need to switch to maven 1 to build jetspeed.

The command to build jetspeed from source is 'maven war' as found here: http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/install.html#Installation

-Tim

Tim Kettler schrieb:
Hi,

the error says that maven can't find the 'maven-dist-plugin'. This is correct because a plugin with this name doesn't exist (at least for maven 2, for maven 1 I don't know).

What are you trying to do? Just build the project? then you need to execute 'mvn package' for example. If you want to install the project to your local repository try 'mvn install'.

Have you read the getting started guide and other maven documentation at http://maven.apache.org/guides/index.html ? Also the free book at http://www.mergere.com/m2book_download.jsp is a good starting point to get you up and running.

Hope this helps
-Tim

Evi schrieb:
Hi!

I am just beginning with Maven and while building Jetspeed got the following
build error:

C:\0portaal\Allalaetud tarkvara\jetspeed-1.6-war\jetspeed-1.6>mvn
dist:install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'dist'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dist-plugin: checking for
updates
 from central
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dist-plugin' does not
exist or
 no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu May 18 12:01:11 EEST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

Please advise how to proceed.

Rgds,