The pom of the artifact you are referencing in your plugin definition (http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/net/java/dev/javacc/javacc/4.0/javacc-4.0.pom) has a packaging of type 'jar' and not 'maven-plugin' as it should if it really is a plugin. I think this is just javacc itself.

Or does your javacc-plugin come from an other repository?

-Tim

Stefano Fornari schrieb:
Hi Tim,
I am sure it exists, otherwise I get an error that the plugin cannot
be found. The weird thing is that the NPE is in the maven code, not
int the plug-in code.... but I am pretty sure it is a configuration
problem (actually, the fact I get a NPE is probably a maven bug, but
due to a not correct pom).

Thanks for your reply.

Stefano

On 5/23/06, Tim Kettler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Stefano Fornari schrieb:
> Hi All,
> still struggling with JavaCC and Maven. I have the following pom:
>
> <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
>    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>    <artifactId>funambol-framework</artifactId>
>    <groupId>com.funambol</groupId>
>    <version>3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>    <name>Funambol Framework</name>
>    <dependencies>

[...]

>    <build>
>        <plugins>
>            <plugin>
>                <groupId>net.java.dev.javacc</groupId>
>                <artifactId>javacc</artifactId>
>                <version>4.0</version>
>                <configuration>
>                </configuration>
>            </plugin>
>        </plugins>
>    </build>
>
> </project>

Are your sure the plugin with the artifact id 'javacc' with the groupid 'net.java.dev' exists? I only know the javacc plugin from the mojo project over at codehaus.org.

The mojo homepage is currently down due to the codehaus outage but you can have a look at
the apt sources of the javacc-plugin site here:
http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/javacc-maven-plugin/src/site/apt/index.apt. It's
quite readable.

Or you can checkout the plugin sources via svn from here:
http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/javacc-maven-plugin/. and build the site locally
with 'mvn site:site'.

> [...]
>
> Has anyone a clue?