I found this forum almost by accident and have already found out quite a lot
of useful information by browsing the old posts. Anyway time to register and
ask a question (and hopefully if I become skilled enough with Maven to
contribute something back in time!)

I've been having some problems with the NAR plugin under Maven 2. I've
configured the freehep repository in my settings.xml as follows:

        <pluginRepository>
          <id>freehep</id>
          <name>FreeHEP</name>
          <url>http://java.freehep.org/maven2</url>
          <layout>default</layout>
          <releases>
              <enabled>true</enabled>
              <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
              <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
          </snapshots>
        </pluginRepository>

And my pom.xml is as follows:

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>MQ</groupId>
  <artifactId>MQ</artifactId>
  <name>Quant</name>
  <packaging>nar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <build>
    <plugins>
         <plugin>
            <groupId>org.freehep</groupId>
            <artifactId>freehep-nar-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <extensions>true</extensions>
            <configuration>
               <cpp>
                  <includePaths>
                     <includePath>src/cpp</includePath>
                  </includePaths>
               </cpp>
            </configuration>
         </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

The plugin seems to download fine, and running goals such as mvn compile
definitely excute the plugin, but I can't seem to run other goals such as
mvn nar:info or mvn nar:nar. They simply result in the error message:

"The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-nar-plugin' does not exist or no
valid version could be found"

I understand that Maven looks for plugins entitled "maven-myplugin-plugin"
by default, unless a plugin prefix is configured using the <goalPrefix> tag
in the plugins pom. I've had a look through the NAR's pom files and can't
see this specified, so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the
plugin...or more likely that I'm doing something wrong.

Can anyone help?

Gary.