Im sure i read that a Microsoft employee once said the following, your
source code would be safer if you printed it outand burnt it than in
vss. hehe.

What about if you, create 3 projects, client, server and util. have 3
ides open and pull in the utils.jar dependancy to the other two.?

Or

Setup the parent child type structure for your project and run the mvn
commands in an external shell or cmd prompt.