Raphaël,
    Thanks. I do not use dependency resolution in mojo. I want maven to
download dependencies (dep1 in the example below). If I replace the
packaging type with 'jar' maven downloads dep1 and its dependencies.

Thanks
Anita

Hello Anita,

are the mojos you bind to your new packaging using the javadoc class
tag
that enable the dependency resolution ?
For more information about the dependency resolution in mojos, please
check
the maven book from mergere.

Hope this helps.

Raphaël

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
>     I use this plugin in a project as :

> <packaging>xar</packaging>
> <build>
>   <plugin>
>      <!-- my plugin -->
>   </plugin>
> </build>
> <dependencies>
>   <dependency>
>   </dependency>
> </project>
>
>     When I build the project, the dependencies are not searched for.
If