Thanks, I'll give it another try Julian.

The workaround is holding together though and has proven pretty reliable in terms of getting ant properties into the filtering phase :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Julian Wood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: date in manifest

It works fine for me. Did you configure it to use a timestamp rather than scm? It won't check scm at all if configured like that. Try this:

1. mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=ca.ucalgary.commons -DartifactId=test
2. Add this to your pom:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
       <id>tlc-snapshots</id>
       <name>TLC Snapshot Development Repository</name>
        <url>http://commons.ucalgary.ca/pub/m2-snapshots</url>
    </repository>
   </repositories>
   <pluginRepositories>
     <pluginRepository>
       <id>tlc-snapshots</id>
       <name>TLC Snapshot Development Repository</name>
       <url>http://commons.ucalgary.ca/pub/m2-snapshots</url>
     </pluginRepository>
   </pluginRepositories>
   <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-buildnumber-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>0.9.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <configuration>
          <format>{0,date,yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss}</format>
          <items>
            <item>timestamp</item>
          </items>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <archive>
            <manifestEntries>
              <Implementation-Build>${buildNumber}</Implementation- Build>
            </manifestEntries>
          </archive>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

3. mvn buildnumber:create package
4. Check out the Implementation-Build property in META-INF/ MANIFEST.MF inside of test-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar