Bind it to a certain phase in your ear so that it gets run automatically, eg:

<plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>jboss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <inherited>true</inherited>
        <configuration>
                <jbossHome>${appserver.home}</jbossHome>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
                <execution>
                        <id>deploy</id>