Hi,

maybe the dependecy-maven-plugin at http://mojo.codehaus.org/dependency-maven-plugin/ and the assembly-plugin at http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/ are what you are looking for.

-Tim

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky schrieb:
I'm trying to rework legacy app to use Maven. This application consists of
several modules:
* Common
* MPL
* MML

Where MPL and MML depends of Common, and MML depends of Common and MPL

I separated code for these modules and application builds fine now.
After running mvn package I got 3 JAR files Common-1.0.jar, MML-1.0.jar and
MPL-1.0.jar.

Application itself is distributed using InstallAnywhere, and I would like to
keep current directory structure as it is now.

From this point I have few questions:

1) Right now required JAR files for application are located at
${modulename}/lib directory (or ${modulename}/WEB-INF/lib). I think it could
be good idea to specify dependencies using POM. So I need to know how can I
tell Maven to copy required JAR files into appropriate directory (for example
log4j.jar, ibatis.jar etc)

2) Is it possible to copy application's JAR files (Common*-1.0.jar,
MML-1.0.jar and MML-1.0.jar) into appropriate directories with solving
dependencies?

For instance MPL/lib should contain Common-1.0.jar and MPL-1.0.jar, and
MML/WEB-INF/lib should contain Common-1.0.jar, MPL-1.0.jar and MML-1.0.jar, so
all libraries module depends on should be kept inside specific module's
library directory.

Thanks in advance and sorry for probably trivial questions!