Spaces in directories on Windows are a known issue in Java when
dealing with RMI. And while I don't use it myself, its a good guess
that this plugin uses RMI to talk to the WAS for deploying your EAR.

You will need to reinstall to a directory with no spaces.

Alternatively, you could perhaps use the "subst" command to create a
fake k:\ drive (or similar) for your c:\program files\ibm directory.
Then your path would be k:\rational\... which has no spaces.

Wayne

Hello,

I d like to make ear deployment automatically on websphere 5.1.

After some search, David Karlsen's plugin [maven-was-plugin] seems to fit
exactly my need.

But there are some issues that I can not resolve.

To sum up, there are some points I made previously:
- WAS_HOME is set to installation directory of used server
       ([C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\runtimes\base_v51] in my
case)

- JAVA_HOME is set to WAS'jre because the deployment script need it.
       (JAVA_HOME=%WAS_HOME%\java)

- %WAS_HOME%/bin and %WAS_HOME%\deploytool\itp are adding in the PATH
       PATH=%WAS_HOME%/bin;%WAS_HOME%\deploytool\itp;%PATH%

-
WAS_EXT_DIRS=%WAS_HOME%\java\lib;%WAS_HOME%\lib\classes;%WAS_HOME%\lib\lib;%
WAS_HOME%\lib\lib\ext;%WAS_HOME%\lib\web\help

- in the project pom file, I also declared the plugin repository of
maven-was-plugin.

NB: to be sure, I replaced all used env variables by its real value.

Finally mvn returns following error:
"[ERROR] The java class is not found:
Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6/0\runtimes\base_v51\java\lib;C:\Program"

It seems that space character in the path is not allowed... But I do not
want to reinstall all.

Does anyone have created unit test of this plugin ? or find a solution ?

Thanks for your help,

Andre

This message is intended for the addressee or its representative only.
Any form of unauthorized use, publication, reproduction, copying or
disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail message and its contents,
please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and
all its attachments subsequently.