From: cristal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@maven.apache.org
Sent: Monday, June 5, 2006 7:11:54 PM
Subject: POM file in Repository

We have a few 3rd-party jar files that are not in central repository, e.g.
ibiblio.org. So we had to manually install them to our local repository
using the following command.

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=<path-to-file> -DgroupId=<group-id> \
    -DartifactId=<artifact-id> -Dversion=<version> -Dpackaging=<packaging>

However, this command only installs the jar file into the local repository.
So what happens is - whenever I started my maven build, it always tries to
retrieve the corresponding pom file for each of the 3rd-party jar files from
central repository, which of course are not there. So the warning message
always displayed like this:

[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

It's quite annoying. It's annoying not because of the message itself, it's
because it slows down my build process. I don't want it to go to central
repository to retrieve something that I know is not there. I only need the
jar file and it's already in my local repository. why it always tries to
retrieve the pom file from central? Is there a way to disable this???

Please advise. Thanks.