From: LECAN Damien [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 10:53 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: [Release plugin] Dependency versions not updated in
rewrite-for-development phase

Hello,

I'm working with Maven 2.0.4 and maven-release-plugin 2.0-beta4.

When I try to release a multi-module project, the
rewrite-for-development phase forgets to migrate dependency versions.

For example :
## Before
<project>
  <parent>
    <artifactId>vsi</artifactId>
    <groupId>vsi</groupId>
    <version>0.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </parent>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>vsi</groupId>
  <artifactId>plugin-generator</artifactId>
  <name>Plugin generator</name>
  <version>0.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>vsi</groupId>
      <artifactId>canprovider-generator</artifactId>
      <version>0.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

## Rewrite for release phase : OK
All 0.0.2-SNAPSHOT references are converted to 0.0.2, even for
dependencies

## Rewrite for development
Errors appear, since the plugin forget to convert again dependency
versions !!
Here is the result :

<project>
  <parent>
    <artifactId>vsi</artifactId>
    <groupId>vsi</groupId>
    <version>0.0.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </parent>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>vsi</groupId>
  <artifactId>plugin-generator</artifactId>
  <name>Plugin generator</name>
  <version>0.0.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>vsi</groupId>
      <artifactId>canprovider-generator</artifactId>
      <version>0.0.2</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

Is it a bug, or something is wrong in my multi-module configuration ?

Thanks

Damien Lecan

--
Telematic Systems