Ok, thanks for your reply!

On 6/3/06, Kenney Westerhof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Akbarr wrote:

Hi,

that's not possible, unless you make your own packaging which I'd
recommend against.

You can specify the binding in <pluginManagement> in the root pom,
and then you only have to specify the plugin in the children
(you can leave out the executions, just specify
<plugin><groupId/><artifactId/></plugin> in the pom's you want to run it
on.

you could also just specify it in the build section of the root pom, but
then it'll be executed in all modules (except those with packaging 'pom').
This should be harmless, though.

On a side note, if you generate sources or resources, you better link the
xdoclet plugin to the generate-sources or generate-resources phase, so
sources
get compiled. Plus, it documents better what it's for.

-- Kenney

> Hi,
>
> First of all, let me say I think Maven 2 is great. The major problem was
the
> lack of documentation, but I think it's been ove with the upcoming of
the
> book "Better builds with Maven".
>
> I'd like to do something, but I'm not sure it's possible. I know how to
bind
> a plugin execution to a lifecycle phase, but I wonder if it'd be
possible to
> make this bind only for some determined packaging types. Of course, this
> binding would be done in a parent POM.
>
> For instance, execution of Hibernate doclet:
>
>              <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <executions>
>                     <execution>
>                         <phase>compile</phase>
>                         <goals>