Hello,

I want to have some custom HTML below the left navigation bar in my maven project site. I guess I have to make my own skin for that. Here's what I've done so far:

  1. Created a maven project based on maven-default-skin.
  2. Copied all the resources (css and images) to reflect the structure
     of maven-default-skin
  3. Copied default-site.vm from doxia-site-renderer to
     src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/site.vm (notice different name)
  4. Added one <meta> tag in template to see if the template will be
     picked up.
  5. Changed one value in css to see if change will be picked up.
  6. Created a jar
  7. Installed in my local repo
  8. In my project's site.xml I included this skin with <skin> tag

No luck. No documentation. Please don't redirect me to official site (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/). I don't want to go there any more, it's scary.

Can someone please explain the procedure?

Regards,
Borut

the documentation is really bad, this list gives some clues, but still got me nowhere.

Vance Karimi pravi:
Why not have {Project}/src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/site.vm.
When you package it, it will add the template correctly.