Sounds like a perfectly valid usecase to me, create a ticket on
jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE in case nobody else chips in here.

Jorg

On 6/6/06, Dario Luis Coneglian Oliveros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi there,

I've been trying to use maven-release-plugin to prepare a release, but
whenever I do that, it fails since I have a SVN precommit hook that
integrates with an issue tracking system  which in turn waits for a
comment containing an issue number. Since release plugin adds its own
comment, such as "[maven-release-plugin] prepare release ...", this
integration fails. So I was wondering if this could be prompted in the
same way for the release and next development iteration versions.
How about that ?

Please let me know any comments on this.
Thanks,
Dário