That does work but you didn't need to do that prior to 2.0.4.

-----Original Message-----
From: Midtskogen, Erik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:44 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: One more simple question

Hi EJ,

Are you talking about where dependency jars end up when
assembly:assembly runs?  If you are, then configure your assembly
descriptor like so:

<assembly>
        .
        .
        .
        <dependencySets>
                <dependencySet>
                        <outputDirectory>/lib</outputDirectory>
                        <excludes>

<exclude>${groupId}:${artifactId}</exclude>
                        </excludes>
                </dependencySet>
        </dependencySets>
        .
        .
        .
</assembly>

The <exlude> prevents the artifact from the package lifecycle (e.g. the
jar created by jar:jar) from getting copied into ./lib.

I'm just a Maven newbie, so I could be totally off base, but this is
what I'm doing to get my dependency jars into target/lib.

Hope this helps.

--Erik