I have my projects set up in folders all within my base folder.

The parent of all the projects uses ../child1 and so forth in the <module>
definitions.

Here is the "picture"

root
+ parent
+ child1
+ child2
+ child3

Normally, I build by going to the root and doing "mvn -f parent/pom.xml
install". This has been working for several months. Now we have a new,
released release plugin.

When I go into the root and do 'mvn -f parent/pom.xml release:prepare" it
given no error indications but doesn't work right.

I was at 1.0-SNAPSHOT in all the projects. I was trying to release 1.0 and
go to 2.0-SNAPSHOT.

parent/pom.xmll was changed to 2.0-SNAPSHOT. all the other poms retained the
1.0-SNAPSHOT. Subversion got a tag (named 1.0) that contained only the
contents of the 'parent' folder. All the other children were not tagged. The
tag should have been one folder higher.

Is there some other way to do the release that would make it work better?
What can I check that might be causing the problems.

--
-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]