On 6/6/06, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't believe it's currently possible within the same build module.

We started discussing it on
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/best+practices+-+testing+strategies

Been there. :)  Though it seems to have moved to MNG-1381 and
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Testing+Strategies instead.

It turns out to be possible, using some naming conventions and
including/excluding tests depending on which phase you're in.  (Thanks
to David DeWolf on struts-dev for the idea.)
Surefire runs by default in 'test', and there is a second execution
bound to the 'integration-test' phase.

The latest revision of the pom is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/shale/branches/mvn_reorg/shale-apps/shale-blank/pom.xml?revision=412639&view=markup
(I need to add the default include/exclude patterns; this works
because there's only one test case.)

I do keep integration tests in a separate module for my production
apps, but the use case here is a simple 'blank' app (or an archetype)
that someone can quickly understand and get up to speed for
development and testing.  (See MNG-2344.)

--
Wendy