I have a set of modules:

root/
   a/
   b/

Both modules are at version 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT and B depends on version
1.1.1 of A.

When I run the root build, it builds A and B and version 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT
of A is forced upon B.  This is a massive problem for us as it means we
can't do independent development of modules - the unfinished API of A is
pushed upon B even though B explicitly says it wants a particular
version.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a workaround for this behavior?

mike