native-maven-plugin experience the same thing, sound like a bug

Please file a JIRA

Eric, where do have the work around?  your plugin's pom?  or the the project
that use it?

-D

On 6/10/06, Eric Redmond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingtigerstripe-application

Component role-hints in Plexus are tacked onto the end of the role name,
and
loaded like a role (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this... good
Plexus documentation is nonexistant). The problem is that your classloader
isn't finding your component.xml file, and so when it tries to load your
tigerstripe-application packaging role-hint, its not there. You have to
tell
the maven-plugin-plugin about your project. What I ended up having to do
was
add my plugin as a dependency of maven-plugin-plugin in the POM that was
using it:

<plugins>
<plugin>
       <artifactId>maven-plugin-plugin</artifactId>
       <configuration>
         <prefix>ruby</prefix>
       </configuration>
       <dependencies>
         <dependency>
               <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
               <artifactId>rubyscript-maven-plugin</artifactId>
               <version>1.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT</version>
         </dependency>
       </dependencies>
</plugin>
</plugins>

Its kind of ugly, so I created a parent that all plugin projects may
inherit
from. It works. If you find a better way to make the plugin-plugin find
your
components, however, please be good enough to post it.

Eric