Hi all,

an issue has been created on this over at
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-56, already. Fixing it
decently seems to be quite a hassle though, because maven doesn't care
much about pom.xml's encoding. at the moment the developers seem to
consider rewriting the whole parsing stuff from scratch.

Stefan

2006/6/8, Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Alexandre Poitras wrote on Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:12 PM:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a little problem. My pom.xml encoding is set to "ISO-8859-1"
> but each time I run 'mvn package', maven generates an exported pom
> which has a 'UTF-8" encoding. I would like to keep the original
> encoding because Eclipse complains about bad characters in the
> generated xml file. Any idea how to solve this?

It's even worse. Even if you have UTF-8 as encoding and add your special characters
as entities (e.g. &#xf6;), the entitiy is converted into the character and the
POM is again invalid.

- Jörg