Disregard dependency problem - ibiblio was down :-(

However, with the beta-1-snapshot binary jar from
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/  my symptoms have
NOT changed, and still getting the:
[DEBUG] not adding permissions to wagon connection

I have deleted all references to any previous wagon jars/installs before
testing. It would be easy for me to give up and say maven sucks, but I
want this to work :-)

-D