I wrote the Perforce integration for Maven 2.0 so I am the proverbial
horse's mouth.

It will not.  It does not run 'p4 login' at all.  You need to be logged
in beforehand.  You might be able to use a cron job with the P4PASSWD
environment variable to automatically login the user every X hours but
I've never tried that before.