Max is right use the exludes configuration with the compiler plugin please
see
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/compile-mojo.html ,
this will filter out undesired classes ;) .

cheers,
  Javed

On 6/15/06, Max Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Since it is a class file (as opposed to src/main/webapp content), I
suspect that you need to exclude it from the compile, rather than trying
to exclude it from the webapp.

-Max