Hi Mark,

I have read through all conversations within this thread and it still looks
like we still have to go to each individual project to modify the version
number when parent pom updates its version.

I have posted the exact same question in a separate thread
http://www.nabble.com/Inheriting-POM-t1724007.html#a4683779

You can feel my pain as well. I believe.

So your original question (and mine as well) did not get resolved,
basically. By the way, maven 1 supports the <currentVersion> element and
this is the only reason why I asked the question when we stuck on this in
maven2.