I don't think any of the IDE plugins support this. You can put a jira request for it, though.

^_^

Geoffrey De Smet wrote:
I can make an source assembly which adds the dependencies in a lib folder, but I would also like to include a working eclipse and/or netbeans file.

The generated eclipse .project file uses the dependencies in the local repository in my user home, so it will not work if someone unzips my source zip and tries to use it. Is there a way to generate an eclipse .project file for a src assembly that uses the included dependencies in a lib directory?