Hi,

I use Kodo (Solarmetric's JDO implementation) in my project.

The JDO-based classes are in model.jar. The pom.xml of this project defines a dependency to 'com.solarmetric:kodo-jdo-runtime' at 'provided' scope. 'kodo-jdo-runtime' defines in turn a dependency to 'javax.jdo:jdo' without scope specified.

After post-processing, classes in model.jar implements interfaces from jdo.jar.

So, in a second artifact, depending upon model.jar, if I declaring a dependency to 'my-group:model' does not work. The dependency to jdo.jar is missing.

What is the best way to cope with this problem?

I could declare in 'model' a dependency to 'jdo' so that all clients of 'model' have it via transitivity, but this is misleading. It can be interpreted as if 'model' needed 'jdo', which is not the case.

I could also declare it in all clients, but this is tedious.

Maybe there is another way?

Cheers,

J-F