Hi,
I have noticed a change between 2.1.3 and 2.2 in surefire-plugin.
In my junit, I have something like :
String hotelCode = System.getProperty( "hotelCode", "1099" );

In 2.1.3 :
Mvn -DhotelCode=444
I received in my code the right value.
Or
Simple mvn test, I have the right default value.

Now with 2.2 by default no values.
I had in configuration :
<systemProperties>
  <property>
    <name>hotelCode</name>
    <value>${hotelCode}</value>
  </property>
</systemProperties>

Mvn -DhotelCode=444
I receive the right value in my tests

If simple mvn test, I receive the value ${hotelCode} in my code.
As this can be interpolated, it shouldn't be set to null or empty "" ?
Because I don't really like the workaround :
return System.getProperty( "hotelCode", "1099" ).startsWith( "${" ) ?
"1099" : System.getProperty( "hotelCode", "1099" );

Can I made something else ?
Or it can be considered as an issue ?
Thanks,

--
Olivier

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this
message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).
If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender
and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of
this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations
contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont confidentiels et
destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle ils sont adresses.
Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer a son emetteur
et de le detruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou
divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressement autorisees de ce
message, sont interdites.