On 6/21/06, dan tran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
you may want to try

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/directory-inline-mojo.html

The "attached" goal was the one I needed.

I don't see the "dir" format being any different than the other
formats being created, except that dir should not be installed into
the repository.

Otherwise I have to maintain another descriptor, or have two bindings
in my pom, instead of just running mvn install and get everything I
need.

If I want to test the application instead of unarchiving the formats
already being built from the assembly, I should be able to just add
the dir format to the descriptor and be able to run from that
directory.