| On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:30:32 +0200, Jeff Mutonho wrote:
|
| > Hmmm...so it means there's no way M2 takes unversioned jars
| , like M1
| > could?
|
| No idea, but if that's really the case everybody trying to
| bundle WAR/RARs
| and using javamail-1.4 (which is now in java.net's maven
| repo) will have a
| really good time trying to bundle an extra unversioned activation.jar,
| since that's what javamail-1.4 references in its META-INF. I
| just had to
| keep my own copy for a maven1 project where I could at least
| explicitly
| specify the unversioned name.
|
| One way would be a fix to the WAR/RAR/etc goals to pull in
| the dependency
| with version as usual, but use an optional "archivedName"
| property for the
| final file name in the archive.

+1 on adding such a property. Maven should provide this flexibility, so
that doing an ugly un-Mavenesque antrun hack is not necessary. Also,
providing such a property would be consistent with the
project.build.finalName element in the POM, which allows giving an
unversioned name to the artifact itself.

Ian