you can pass in -Dusername -Dpassword into release plugin. This way you dont
have to specify those info in the scmURL

-D

On 6/22/06, Martin Gilday <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I must apologise for the formatting my mail client produced there.  Here
is the message again.

I am attempting to use the release plugin to create the first release of
a project. My POM contains SCM information which is required for
generating the release and used by Continuum to check out the project.
The section is:
<scm>
<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:${cvs-user}:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
:/usr/share/cvs/cvsroot:MyProjectName</connection>
<developerConnection>scm:cvs:pserver:${cvs-user}:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
:/usr/share/cvs/cvsroot:MyProjectName</developerConnection>
</scm>

As you can see it contains properties for the CVS logins. However when I
run release:prepare the generated POM contains the SCM tags with the
properties resolved.
<scm>
<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:joebloggs:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
:/usr/share/cvs/cvsroot:MyProjectName</connection>
<developerConnection>scm:cvs:pserver:joebloggs:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
:/usr/share/cvs/cvsroot:MyProjectName</developerConnection>
</scm>

Obviously the developer doing the release will not want his password
placing in the exported POM that is placed on the repository when he
runs release:release. How am I able to stop this happening?
Thank You.
Martin