dan tran wrote:

> 1. Manage C++ builds - YES but You need to experiment see if it works out
> for you.
>     how many platforms do you support?

We used to develop in linux, using cross-compiling MinGW compilers to build
for Windows. 90% of our development is Win32. Yet, most of ours source-code
builds on Linux.

We are now completely reforming our building environment, de-centralizing
the build, and using Eclipse as an IDE, with CDT. We are looking for an
automated mode of building releases and organizing complex project
dependencies.

dan tran wrote:

> 2. CVS/Sub   - YES  thru maven-scm

I believe I can have a lot of support here. Subversion is blooming.

dan tran wrote:

> 3. Execution custom tools, YES thru maven-antrun-plugin or
> exec-maven-plugin

Can it be used to run C++ compilers?

dan tran wrote:

> 4 Eclispe/Integration   NO

Damn... Is there a form of easily integrating Maven with easy-to-use tools,
so I can create project templates, build-it-all buttons,
update-the-version-of-this-library-and-build-the-whole-thing buttons, etc?

dan tran wrote:

> 5. dream? almost there

Well, I think most of those things could be done by a reasonably viable,
home-made, scripting language automation tool.. But I would really like to
get mainstream about my tools. So, Maven is my greatest hope.