I was quite impressed with Maven 2.0 after not having tried it for at
least six months.  However the lack of support for using Emacs to
drive maven from the Emacs' compilation mode was surprising and very
disconcerting, as is the lack of mail archives on the subject.  At
this point, I'm interested to understand what discussions if any have
ensued wrt using Maven 2.0 with Emacs in the same context as Ant with
Emacs (specifically, the Ant -emacs switch to get compilation errors
grokable by Emacs).

It strikes me that Maven 2.0 could benefit by the -emacs (or -E ala
Maven 1.0) switch or some sort of build plugin element to accomplish
the same thing.  It could be that there is another Maven technique to
support Emacs' ability to get right to the source of an error.  If so,
please enlighten me.

Thanks,

-pmr