Specification-Version.

Definitely not the VM as a different VM could build the same jar.

But for those artifacts that don't have any info in the manifest I tend to make it up/take an educated guess :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Mutonho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 1:18 PM
Subject: Sun jars revisited

What version numbers do you guys use when installing these in your
repository?Is this an individual choice...like the wild west :) ?I'm
looking at the manifest file for (eg ) jaxrpc.jar and it says :

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.5.3
Created-By: 1.4.2_05-b04 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Name: javax/xml/rpc
Specification-Title: JAX-RPC
Specification-Version: 1.1
Specification-Vendor: JCP

Do you use the vm release version number 1.4.2_... or the
Specifiacation-Version 1.1?

--

Jeff  Mutonho

GoogleTalk : ejbengine