We're using maven-jaxb-plugin to generate code for xml schemata. Since
we have multiple schema files we need to pass properties from maven.xml.
We're using this syntax:

        <maven:set plugin="maven-jaxb-plugin"
property="maven.jaxb.package" value="com.valentech.xml.vtml" />
        <maven:set plugin="maven-jaxb-plugin"
property="maven.jaxb.schema.includes" value="**/VTML2.xsd" />
        <maven:set plugin="maven-jaxb-plugin"
property="maven.jaxb.build.dir" value="${maven.build.dir}/jaxb/vtml" />
        <attainGoal name="jaxb:generate"/>

This fails because the properties are never passed to the jaxb plugin.
Apparently, the plugin cannot be found in the preGoal we added to
maven.xml. Here is the error:

Plugin 'maven-jaxb-plugin' in project 'Risk Manager' is not available
Plugin 'maven-jaxb-plugin' in project 'Risk Manager' is not available
Plugin 'maven-jaxb-plugin' in project 'Risk Manager' is not available

My question is three-fold. What might be the root cause of this error?
How might I fix it? If I can't fix it, is there a better/different way
to do this?

Thanks,
Corey