Question 1
=========
Does continuum actually work with Maven 2?I'm trying to build my m2
project.My top level pom.xml defines the
modules that need to be built.The modules are defined as follows:

  <module>eportal-services</module>
  <module>eportal-messaging</module>
  <module>eportal-messaging-support</module>
  <module>eportal-webservices</module>
  <module>eportal</module>

Each module has its own pom.xml .When I point continuum to my top
level pom.xml  it adds all my modules as projects.My top level
project(the one with the super pom) is also listed amongst the added
projects as shown below :

Mycompany ePortal
ePortal Messaging
ePortal Messaging Support
ePortal Services
ePortal Web Application
ePortal Webservices

"Mycompany ePortal"  is the top level project with the pom that
defines he modules(listed above).The pom.xml in "Mycompany ePortal"
does not have a <build> section...just dependencies , e-mail addresses
, etc.
I'm getting a build errors e-mails for each module saying  saying :

Build Error:
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException:
Could not find Maven project descriptor.
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:108)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.execute(UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.java:64)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:273)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:47)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

All I want is for Contiuum to work the same way M2 works when I type
"mvn install"  ...i.e realize that I have modules and these modules
need to be built!How hard can this be?
Isn't continuum suppose to use the pom.xml I supplied when adding
projects as the top level pom?My project structure looks like as
follows:

/MyCompanyEportal/pom.xml (this pom has the smc, e-mail
adds,etc,modules definitions)
and its the one i pass onto Continuum to add the maven2
projects.Continuum is using this to checkout the modules from CVS.I
thought it would then start building the modules(just like maven does
when I run "mvn install" from the top level directory
/MyCompanyEportal/)

Then he modules are as follows :

/MyCompanyEportal/eportal-services/pom.xml (build config for eportal-services)
/MyCompanyEportal/eportal-messaging/pom.xml (build config for eportal-messages)
/MyCompanyEportal/eportal-web/pom.xml (build config for eportal-web)

I even made the location of continuum's working directory the same as
the location of my super pom (pom.xml defines the
[...]

/MyCompanyEportal/pom.xml ) , but still "Could not find Maven project
descriptor." keeps popping in my e-mail.I have  removed the
non-recursive argument on all the projects as they appear in
continuum, still no joy.

Question 2
========

My top level pom defines the following modules :

<modules>
  <module>eportal-services</module>
  <module>eportal-messaging</module>
  <module>eportal-messaging-support</module>
  <module>eportal-webservices</module>
  <module>eportal</module>
</modules>

Besides the failed build i mentioned in my previous post ,Continuum is
checking these out of CVS into a one directory , eg  50 , then it
creates other directories namely 51( containing only  module
eportal-services) , 52 ( containing only module eportal-messaging)
,53(containing only module eportal-messaging-support) ,etc

Why is this happening?

Question 3
========
Should I just dump Continuum and use Cruisecontrol instead?I didnt
experience this much grief with Cruisecontrol , back in the Maven 1
days!

Question 3
========
Am daft?Do I just not get it?Why is the continuum documentation so poor?

Jeff  Mutonho

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042