Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to figure out the proper maven based layout for some existing
> ant code that uses xdoclet for code generation (standard EJB stuff).
>
>>From what I have seen to date, the way so far is for maven to ask xdoclet
> to generate the code in the temporary target/generated-src directory.
>
> The trouble is that the static code in the project code references the
> generated code, and so won't build in an IDE like eclipse, as the
> generated-src directory doesn't exist initially, or after an mvn clean.
[...]

I suppose you let the maven-eclipse-plugin generate the eclipse project
files? Then you'll have to rebuild the project initally with maven
anyhow because you might be missing dependencies in your local repo.

What I'm more worried about is that upon changes to the code that will
be processed by xdoclet you have to re-run mvn compile from the
commandline - and you have to remember to do that!

Maybe the eclipse plugin is helpful here?

-dirk