Hello,

I refined my problem and now it comes down to this:

I have my submodules installed in the repository as my custom type
"mod", I did this through "attach-artifacts" and added
<artifact>
 <file>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}.jar</file>
 <type>mod</type>
</artifact>

now in the main project I set the dependencies to those modules with
the type "mod". There are two issues however:

1. (major) I would like to assign an arbitrary prefix to every "mod"
type dependency. I figured already that I can't change the name of the
file in the repository to anything else than artifactId-version, so I
wonder what else can I do to achieve it. I would like not to duplicate
any information anywhere, so I thought I would put a parameter in
every module's pom file and I would access it through ${} during
assembly and then use the outputFileNameMapping to change the name of
every mod file. But the problem as I see it is that I can't access the
dependencies pom file at the moment of assembly.

Do you have any insight into how to do it in a clean way? if not clean
then maybe the least messy way?

2. (minor) I would like to assemble all "jar" type dependencies into
one folder, and "mod" type dependencies to another. currently
<dependencySets>
 <dependencySet>
   <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
 </dependencySet>
 <dependencySet>
   <outputDirectory>modules</outputDirectory>
 </dependencySet>
</dependencySets>
puts all dependencies into both dirs

any insight is welcome