> <parent>
>     <groupId>foo</groupId>
>     <artifactId>foo-parent</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> </parent>
> <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
> <packaging>jar</packaging>
> </project>
>
> The first problem is the parent pom. Is the snapshot version of the
> parent pom updated when I build the bar project?

Maven does not build parent poms or dependencies on a project.
You must either have access to a repository that the artifact can be
downloaded from or manually run the mvn install command on each
dependency so it is installed into your local repository.

What I meant to say is that snapshot dependencies are always checked
against the remote repository, but does this also work for the parent
reference?

i.e.

in the bar project will update the dependency foo.foo-SNAPSHOT.jar on
every build.

Does the parent pom also get updated everytime the bar project gets built?

Martijn

--
Download Wicket 1.2 now! Write Ajax applications without touching JavaScript!
-- http://wicketframework.org