then you need  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/pom.xml

as well

On 7/7/06, Brad Harper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm having *no* success building 'maven-install-plugin' from source.

I downloaded from

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-install-plugin/

Running 'mvn install' in the new project directory gets me to

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] ----...
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: maven-plugins
Version: 2-SNAPSHOT

   org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

It acts like this version of the plugin has a dependency
on another (maven-plugins) that can't be satisfied.

Brad