There is an XML validator incubating in Mojo:
http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/xml-maven-plugin/

I have no idea how active it is, however.

Thanks;
Eric

On 7/9/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 7/8/06, Aron Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It appears mavens site builder doesnt read my pom.xml - though all the
>> other
>> utilities (compiles, package, filter etc.) are fine.  It *is* valid XML
>> (pom.xml follows stacktrace)
>
> It doesn't validate against the schema.  The <filters> element is out
> of place, move it outside of the <resources> element.
>
> * http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-model/maven.html

Is there a feature in M2 to explicitly validate the pom against the
schema? In M1 you could do:
   maven pom:validate

--
Dennis Lundberg