Hallo,

what is the best way to change a plugin config outside of the POM, so
developers can add some properties without the need to checkout/change
the pom of the project.

So I have a plugin with a config like
<plugin>
   <groupId>foo</groupId>
   <artifactId>myplugin</artifactId>
   <configuration>
      <jvargs>
        <jvarg>-Xms512m</jvarg>
      </jvargs>
   </configuration>
</plugin>
and a developer likes to add an additional
    <jvarg>-Xdebug</jvarg>

Under
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html
I found this sentence, but I don't understand it:

----
The properties section allows you to specify free-form key-value pairs which
will be included in the interpolation process for the POM. This allows you to
specify a plugin configuration in the form of ${profile.provided.path}.
----

Does it mean I can add some property to my settings.xml like
 <build.plugin.foo.configuration.jvargs.jvarg>-Xdebug</...> ?!

Regards, carsten