>Hi,
>I have problems using changes plugin:
> - it is referenced in the maven.apache.org/plugins list
> - there is no plugin org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-changes-plugin
> - there is a plugin org.codehaus.mojo/changes-maven-plugin

> When I try to invoke the plugin from the CLI using
changes:announcement-generate
> maven complains that it can't find
org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-changes-plugin which implies that prefix
> changes is resolved to the apache version.

> Could someone point me in the righht direction ?

This works for me with Maven 2.0.4:

Use this in the reports section in your pom.

<!--  Changelog  -->
<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>changelog-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
    <type>range</type>
    <range>30</range>
    <basedir>${basedir}</basedir>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

It has the advantage that you get changes for the whole project tree and
not just the src folder.

manfred