This works for me .. not exhaustively tested but have gotten schema creation
+ insertion of data working. Combination of putting session factory in
spring + using annotations for classes means you get away without needing
any 'native' hibernate xml.

Had to do the same thing with persistence + local repo obviously.

HTH.

A.

   <dependency>
      <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
      <artifactId>hibernate-annotations</artifactId>
      <version>3.1beta9</version>
    </dependency>
    <!--  <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.persistence</groupId>
      <artifactId>ejb-3.0-public-draft</artifactId>
      <version>20050623</version>
    </dependency> -->
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.persistence</groupId>
      <artifactId>ejb</artifactId>
      <version>3.0-public-draft-20060327</version>
    </dependency>
        <dependency>
      <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
      <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
      <version>3.2.0.cr2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
      <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
      <version>2.0-rc1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
      <artifactId>spring-hibernate3</artifactId>
      <version>2.0-rc1</version>
    </dependency>